Florida Yards & Neighborhoods Publications
Native Landscape Plants for South Florida
Jody Haynes, John McLaughlin & Laura Vasquez
This is the online version of our native landscape plant list. For each species listed, a short description is provided, as well as information on maximum size, light preference, salt tolerance, distinguishing characteristics, and culture recommendations.
The list is also available in a printable form, as a 382 KB PDF document.
Table of Contents
Para leer en Español
- Primary Sites
- Atlas of Florida Vascular Plants - Institute for Systematic Botany, University of South Florida
- Horticopia® Plant Information
- Wildflower NirvanaTM
- Secondary Sites
- Virtual Palm Encyclopedia - Palm & Cycad Societies of Florida, Inc.
- Phillippe & Sura's Phoenix Tropical Garden
- Sources for UF Fact Sheets
- Dr. Ed Gilman's "516 Landscape Plant Fact Sheets" - University of Florida - IFAS
- Dr. Ed Gilman's "680 Tree Fact Sheets" - University of Florida - IFAS
- University of Florida - IFAS Extension Publications Page