People who would like to become licensed pesticide applicators [Restricted Use and Limited Certification] can attend training classes to help prepare for exams:
- Restricted Use Pesticides licenses (Chapter 487 F.S.) require taking and passing at least 2 exams.
- Limited Certification licenses (Chapter 482 F.S.) are based on passing 1 exam.
- Closed-book exams are given at the end of each training class. You MUST bring a valid driver’s license or state ID to take an exam. Bring a pen or pencil to take notes. Calculators are provided for the exam(s). Plan on up to 3 hours to take an exam after training.
- Pre-Registration and pre-payment are required. Please use the link(s) below or call (305)-248-3311 Ext. 242 for a registration form.
- Classes are held in the auditorium at the John D. Campbell Ag Center in Homestead. All classes begin at 8:30 am. All classes offer appropriate CEUs to currently licensed applicators.
- If you are attending for CEUs only: 4 CEU workshops end by 1 pm; 6 CEU workshops end by 3 pm.
- Training for the Private Applicator License in Spanish
After entering, select "Pesticide Certification." Then select either:
-How to Navigate-Glossary
-General Standard (CORE)
Workshop Schedules (2013 Pesticide Calendar pdf)
|General Standards / Core||
|4 Core/General Standards***|
|Private Applicator Agriculture||
|4 Private Ag Row/Tree Crop O&T|
|Ornamentals & Turf (O&T)||
|6 O&T, Private, L&O, LCLM***|
|Aquatics||February||4 Aquatics, Private|
|Natural Areas Management (NAM)||July||4 NAM, Private, ROW|
|Right-of-Way (ROW)||March||4 ROW, Private, NAM|
|SPANISH Core||August - 2 parts||Core|
|SPANISH Private Applicator||September - 2 parts||
|3 Core/General Standards & 3 LCLM, L&O, O&T, Private***|
* These dates subject to change if there are adverse weather conditions
** L&O - Commercial / Limited Lawn & Ornamental, LCLM - Limited Certification Commercial Landscape Maintenance, LL&O - Limited Lawn & Ornamental
***These workshops also offer fewer than the listed number of CEUs (see the registration form)
Para leer en Español
FDACS Web site Resources
To access the FDACS database, you must install Jinator before you can use it. Be patient, it takes a long time to download!
- FDACS Web site for Pesticide Applicators
- Access earned CEUs or exam scores
- Find CEU classes
- Bureau of Compliance Monitoring (Forms & Documents)
- Worker Protection Standard (Worker Safety)
- Surviving the FDACS Bureau of Compliance Monitoring Inspection: Walking through an inspection
Please remember that CEU articles are only valid for 1 year from the month when they were published.
Operation Cleansweep is a program run by the Florida Departments of Agriculture & Consumer Services and Environmental Protection that provides farmers, nursery operators, golf course operators, and pest control services a one-time safe and economical way to dispose of their cancelled, suspended, and unusable pesticides.
Insecticides-Insecticide Resistance Action Committee-IRAC : www.irac-online.org